I’ve worked with all sorts of health and care organisations in the past 20 years – public, private, charitable and voluntary. In that time I’ve seen a lot of changes to the sector and their impact at every level: NHS, local authority and central government restructuring, the passing of new legislation, the introduction of different regulators, shifts in policy and strategic direction, improved technology and accessibility, a fresh focus on communication and engagement with the public, patients and service users, and innovation in approaches to work collaboratively, tackle health inequalities, prevent ill health and support early intervention.
So who uses my WriteCare services – and why – keeps changing too. Information may be more often available online than on paper these days, but the principles of producing quality written content for the right people at the right time remain the same.
My clients may want information that:
- helps change happen, including by managing expectations and guiding difficult conversations
- alters people’s attitudes so they use the most appropriate services and gain maximum benefits
- enables them to meet policy, regulatory and legal requirements in a worthwhile way, including the duty to communicate that is embedded in the NHS Constitution
- adds to person-centred care by assisting individuals to make informed choices and have a voice
- supports continuous improvement and consistently safe, quality care
- strengthens internal and external relationships across the health and care sector or local system, joining up services and sharing good practice.
Here are some of the organisations that WriteCare has worked for:
- Cardiomyopathy UK
- Greater Manchester Health and Social Care Partnership
- Havas Lynx Group (healthcare communications agency)
- Health Education England
- Institute of Health and Social Care Management
- Milton Keynes and Buckinghamshire Care Association
- MS Society
- NHS England
- NHS Education for Scotland
- NHS Greater Manchester Shared Services
- NHS Midlands and Lancashire Commissioning Support Unit
- Optalis (care provider)
- Public Health Scotland
- St Andrew’s Healthcare
- The Society and College of Radiographers
- University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation Trust
I’m proud to say many of these clients have used my services repeatedly over the years. You can read some of their positive comments on WriteCare here.